Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm interested in applying for a Conservatorium program - how do I do this?
For information about our application process and please visit our Future Students page.
- I'm looking for an instrumental teacher/theory tutor/accompanist - can you recommend someone?
South Australian privacy laws prohibit the disclosure of personal information to third parties - as such the Conservatorium cannot make recommendations for teachers, tutors or accompanists.
For teachers/tutors you should visit the website of the Music Teacher's Association of South Australia and for accompanists you should visit the website of the Accompanists' Guild of South Australia . Both websites have comprehensive online directories.
- I'm looking for a student performer/ensemble- can the Conservatorium help?
The Elder Conservatorium does not offer a booking/hire service for student performers/ensembles. However, if you wish us to forward a request to students please complete and submit the online Student Ensemble Enquiry Form. Please note that Elder Conservatorium ensembles listed on this website are not available for hire.
- I need to make contact with a Conservatorium staff member or student - can you provide contact details?
South Australian privacy laws prohibits the disclosure of personal information to third parties - as such the Conservatorium cannot provide personal contact details for staff or students.
If a staff member is not listed and you know their name you can email them at their university email address. Most staff email addresses are of a consistent format - firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, most student addresses are of a similar format - email@example.com.
- Can you provide me with information about AMEB exams?
The Conservatorium cannot offer advice on AMEB exams - you should visit the AMEB website for information and contact details.
- Does the Conservatorium offer work experience to school students?
Due to the number of requests we are unable to offer this service.
- I'm looking for the details of a concert in Elder Hall - can you help?
In addition to its role as a performance space for workshops, tutorials and rehearsals as part of the Elder Conservatorium's busy teaching timetable, Elder Hall is a highly sought-after concerts/events venue and as such enjoys a full and vibrant schedule throughout the year.
Information about events held in Elder Hall can be found in the Events Diary. The diary includes information about Conservatorium concerts and concerts/events held by external organisations. Wherever possible the diary includes links to the websites of external organisations hosting an event/concert in Elder Hall- you should visit these sites for information on any such concert and for the organisation's contact information.
Information about the Elder Conservatorium's concert series can be found at the Concert Series website.
- Do you hire instruments to members of the public?
The Conservatorium has a range of instruments available for external hire. Please email all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are your practice rooms available for all University of Adelaide students to use?
We are unable to offer the use of Conservatorium facilities to all University of Adelaide students. Practice rooms are only available to all current Elder Conservatorium students formally enrolled in a Conservatorium program.
- I'd like to hire your rooms for a rehearsal/event - how do I do this and how much will it cost?
- I'm interested in working at the Conservatorium - should I send a CV/resume?
Any vacant position within the University (including the Conservatorium) is advertised through Human Resources. You should submit materials for currently advertised positions only to the contact person nominated in the advertisement.
Elder Conservatorium of Music
Schulz Building, Level 9
University of Adelaide, SA, 5005
Opening Hours: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Phone: 8313 5995