The major focus of the Music Internship is is to complete a specifically tailored project relevant to your studies and career aspirations and to the chosen host organisation. The project should be conceived and planned by you in conjunction with the host organisation and the Elder Conservatorium Internship Coordinator.
Industry placement will range from several weeks to a complete semester, for a maximum of fifty hours per semester. The average placement will be for about thirty hours. Assessment will be conducted via a reflective journal, a research assignment, and feedback from the host organisation.
- How do I Apply?
To apply for an Internship, please complete the following forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are selected on merit. Whilst there are no guarantees for a placement every effort is made to maximise the student's opportunities. The process of placing students with Industry Partners is extremely competitive, so students are encouraged to have a 'back-up' plan in the event they are unsuccessful in gaining a placement.
For further information, please see Music Internship Program Guidelines.
Due Dates - Internships 2019
Semester 2 - applications due by 3 May 2019
- Host Organisations
In your application you should nominate a project and organisation. The following list of local arts, education and performing organisations are examples of institutions you might consider.
- Elder Hall - Program Notes Writing, Orchestral Management
- State Opera (please note, the SOSA Internship for Voice students is a separate Internship)
- Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (the Internship would not involve playing)
- Police Band (the Internship would not involve playing)
- Army Band
- Adelaide Festival
- Arts SA
- Musica Viva
- Carclew Youth Arts Centre
- Helpmann Academy
- Elder Conservatorium of Music
- Special interest Music Centres
- Selected State Government & Independent Schools