Auditions and Applications
How to apply:
- Applicants will need to apply for admission into their desired program to be considered. Follow the below steps, based on your circumstances.
- Register for the audition for the program you are applying for.
- Domestic Applicants
- Prospective University of Adelaide students apply via SATAC.
- Current University of Adelaide students apply via Internal Transfer.
- Students who have previously started a program at the Conservatorium but did not complete it may not need to apply for admission. Please contact the Faculty of Arts for advice.
- Honours applicants do not apply for admission - only an application to the Conservatorium is required.
- International Applicants
Prospective International applicants must apply for admission through the international student website.
Current international students must apply for admission through the internal transfer website.
International applicants studying an Australian Year 12 in South Australia must follow the admissions process for Domestic applicants (admission via SATAC and registration for audition via the Conservatorium office - registration forms below)
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies in Music (CASM) Applicants
The Centre for Aboriginal Studies in Music (CASM) offers a specialised Foundation Year Program for Indigenous Australians wanting to study music at University.
If you are an Indigenous Australian who is 17 or over and has some musical experience, you are welcome to audition for a place in the CASM Foundation Year Program.
The CASM Foundation Year Program is mostly HECS-free and ABSTUDY approved.
All prospective students applying to the Elder Conservatorium of Music are required to undertake an audition or interview for each area of specialisation or instrument they are applying for. Registration for auditions are submitted online directly to the Conservatorium.
If you wish to commence mid-year 2019, please fill out a registration form for your program. Ad-hoc auditions/interviews will be scheduled as needed. Please note, mid-year entry is not available for the Bachelor of Music Theatre.
Audition rounds in 2019
Mid-year Entry: Tuesday 9 July
Main Round: Monday 23 - Friday 27 September
Second Round: Monday 25 - Friday 29 November
Please ensure you fill in the registration form below.
- Diploma of Music
- Diploma in Music (Music Production)
- Diploma in Music (Commercial Music & Song Writing)
- Bachelor of Music Theatre
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music Advanced
- Honours Program (redirects to Faculty of Arts Honours website)
- Graduate Diploma and Masters in Music
- CASM Foundation Year Program