Auditions and Applications
How to apply:
- Applicants will need to apply for admission into their desired program to be considered. Follow the below steps, based on your circumstances.
- Register for the audition for the program you are applying for.
- Domestic Applicants
- Prospective University of Adelaide students apply via SATAC.
- Current University of Adelaide students apply via Internal Transfer.
- Students who have previously started a program at the Conservatorium but did not complete it may not need to apply for admission. Please contact the Faculty of Arts for advice.
- Honours applicants do not apply for admission - only an application to the Conservatorium is required.
- International Applicants
Prospective International applicants must apply for admission through the international student website.
Current international students must apply for admission through the internal transfer website.
International applicants studying an Australian Year 12 in South Australia must follow the admissions process for Domestic applicants (admission via SATAC and registration for audition via the Conservatorium office - registration forms below)
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies in Music (CASM) Applicants
The Centre for Aboriginal Studies in Music (CASM) offers a specialised Foundation Year Program for Indigenous Australians wanting to study music at University.
If you are an Indigenous Australian who is 17 or over and has some musical experience, you are welcome to audition for a place in the CASM Foundation Year Program.
The CASM Foundation Year Program is mostly HECS-free and ABSTUDY approved.
All prospective students applying to the Elder Conservatorium of Music are required to undertake an audition or interview for each area of specialisation or instrument they are applying for. Registration for auditions are submitted online directly to the Conservatorium.
2018 Mid-year Entry
Auditions for mid-year entry will be held in the week beginning Monday 2 July 2018 - Registrations are now open.
- Registration form for entry into the Diploma in Music
- Registration form for entry into the Bachelor of Music
- Application form for entry into the Honours Program (redirects to Faculty of Arts Honours website)
- Registration form for entry into the Graduate Diploma and Masters in Music
- Application form for entry into the CASM Foundation Year Program
Find out more information regarding: