Auditions and Applications
How to apply:
- Applicants will need to apply for admission into their desired program to be considered. Follow the below steps, based on your circumstances.
- Register for the audition for the program you are applying for.
- Domestic Applicants
- Prospective University of Adelaide students apply via SATAC.
- Current University of Adelaide students apply via Internal Transfer.
- Students who have previously started a program at the Conservatorium but did not complete it may not need to apply for admission. Please contact the Faculty of Arts for advice.
- Honours applicants do not apply for admission - only an application to the Conservatorium is required.
- International Applicants
Prospective International applicants must apply for admission through the international student website.
Current international students must apply for admission through the internal transfer website.
International applicants studying an Australian Year 12 in South Australia must follow the admissions process for Domestic applicants (admission via SATAC and registration for audition via the Conservatorium office - registration forms below)
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies in Music (CASM) Applicants
The Centre for Aboriginal Studies in Music (CASM) offers a specialised Foundation Year Program for Indigenous Australians wanting to study music at University.
If you are an Indigenous Australian who is 17 or over and has some musical experience, you are welcome to audition for a place in the CASM Foundation Year Program.
The CASM Foundation Year Program is mostly HECS-free and ABSTUDY approved.
All prospective students applying to the Elder Conservatorium of Music are required to undertake an audition or interview for each area of specialisation or instrument they are applying for. Registration for auditions are submitted online directly to the Conservatorium.
Audition rounds in 2018
Main Round: Monday 17 - Saturday 29 September
Second Round: Monday 26 November - Saturday 1 December
- Diploma of Music
- Diploma in Music (Music Production)
- Diploma in Music (Commercial Music & Song Writing)
- Bachelor of Music Theatre
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music Advanced
- Honours Program (redirects to Faculty of Arts Honours website)
- Graduate Diploma and Masters in Music
- CASM Foundation Year Program
Find out more information regarding:
- Audition Rounds
- Audition Requirements
- Musicianship Test
- Music Theory Bridging Course
- Bachelor of Teaching (Middle) with a Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with a Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of Media with a major in Popular Music
- Bachelor of Media with a major in Sonic Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts with minor in Music Education