The Elder Conservatorium of Music is recognised internationally as a specialist music institution. It has the longest history of any music school in Australia, stretching back 125 years.
It has numbered many of Australia's most renowned musicians among its staff and alumni. Located in the centre of the city on North Terrace – Adelaide’s cultural boulevard – the Conservatorium is a vital part of the life of Adelaide, a city celebrated for its rich and diverse artistic tradition.
The Conservatorium recognises the significance of music to the cultural life of society. Through its research programs, it encourages the development of new parameters of artistic and scholarly endeavour that contribute to the advancement of knowledge and practice in the art of music.
The Elder Conservatorium of Music offers the following Postgraduate Coursework Programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Music Teaching
- Graduate Diploma in Music - Performance and Pedagogy
- Master of Music - Performance and Pedagogy
- Graduate Diploma in Music Performance
- Master of Music - Performance Studies
- Master of Music - Performance Studies (Conducting)
- Master of Arts - Creative Practice in Music
For further information, please see audition requirements.
The Elder Conservatorium of Music offers the following Postgraduate Research Programs: