Elder Conservatorium HSW (Safety)
The Elder Conservatorium of Music is committed to providing a safe work and study environment for our staff and students as far as is reasonably practicable. We strive to uphold the University of Adelaide's Occupational Health and Safety policies.
It is the responsibility of each employee to take reasonable care to protect his/her own safety at work. With this in mind the Conservatorium has collated the following information for staff about important OH&S matters. We hope that all staff and students take the time to familiarise themselves with this information.
Professor Graeme Koehne AO - Director, Elder Conservatorium of Music
Local Induction Materials
- ECM OHS Local Induction: For full time staff (both ECM and AMEB), casual staff, postgraduate students, AMEB Examination Supervisors and AMEB Examiners, photocopier technicians, instrument repairers, piano movers etc
- Local Induction Checklists by area (please read in conjunction with the ECM OHS Local Induction): Elder Building, Hartley/Madley/Schulz buildings.
- ECM OHS Personnel List: For information about first aid officers, fire wardens and evacuation procedures in your local area
- Ear protection:
- Disposable earplugs are available free of charge for all ECM staff and students at the Conservatorium Office
- Important information for students and staff regarding noise management.
Guidelines for Manual Handling
ECM Guidelines for Ensemble and Performance Setup: For those staff and students involved in the setup of Ensembles for both rehearsals and concerts, and for those involved in the setup of performances
ECM Guidelines for Classroom Setup in Schulz 1004: For those staff required to move tables and chairs in the setup or packup of Schulz 1004
Guidelines for Field Activity
Please visit the Faculty of Arts website for information on Fieldwork trips.
- For more information about health and safety please see the Human Resources OH&S webpage, which includes information about Workstation Ergonomics, the Employee Assistance Program (which offers free short-term counselling for staff) and more